- Remote key sequence to start flashing firmware (without connecting to a TV or monitor)
Load the firmware (wdtvlive.bin, wdtvlive.ver and wdtvlive.fff) files into a USB stick and I use a flash drive with a LED indicator, which blinks while being accessed.
- Plug the USB stick into the left side USB port and the stick is being accessed for a few seconds as indicated by the LED of the USB stick.
- Push the Right arrow then Enter key on the remote.
- Check the LED of the USB stick to see whether it's being accessed. If NOT, go back to repeat step 2. Otherwise go to next step.
- WDTV will reboot and flash the firmware. Wait until it's completed.
- Command line to start flashing firmware (did NOT work for me)
/dev/sda1 wdtvlive.bin &
Others had succeeded after killing some running processes as in this post.
- Latest WDLXTV firmware version I know of is 1.05.04_V_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1
0.5.1.1 - 2011-09-21
* enable usb 5V bus power off + deep sleep mode (b-rad)
* allow 'hot plug' of MSHEETDIR (b-rad)
* lots of extra logging, bug report fattened (b-rad)
** WDLXTV-PLUS DOES NOT SUPPORT 3TB HDD'S!!!! Tell WD you want this fixed (with netflix too)!!!
**** The GPL wdtvlive2.fff is 6mo old and lacks support for 3TB hdd's + it deletes netflix keys!
**** Email WD and tell them you want Netflix + WDLXTV + 3TB hdd support
** 1.05.04 dmaosd requests up to 65 search/related/etc results from
**** YouTube at a time. If you have youtubeHD enabled, you might
**** notice sluggishness with rapid fire YouTubage
** if you enable EIRI buttons down, right, & up buttons don't work on stock remote
* For base firmware differences see:
0.5.1.0 - 2011-09-15
* assembly code patch to fix ISO's stopping working after playing a few (b-rad)
* inotifywait-3.14 included to clean up the mess left over by the OSD when ISO's are stopped (b-rad)
* stuck at 0% upgrade fix (b-rad)
* localizations updated new: swedish, serbian, greek, catalan, netherlands, slovenian, danish, dutch, & slovakian
* aufs included (b-rad)
* linksheets converted to aufs to save memory (b-rad)
* MSHEETDIR disables automagic linksheets scan (b-rad)
* fix fuse module (b-rad)
* ntfs-3g removed from automagic filesystem detection (b-rad)
* bi2 fixes (b-rad)
* fix upnp-cmd to support wireless interfaces (b-rad)
* fix webend pw change not working on 1.05.04 (b-rad)
* apache & mt-daapd init.d tweaks (b-rad)
* added sparse mount option to ntfs (b-rad)
* xml fix 1.05.04 video playback options menu data disappearing (2d)
* various xml fixes (jumbalaya)