- Click Start->Run. In the Open field, type \\%sambaserver% where %sambaserver% is the actual Samba server name. i.e. \\myserver Click OK
- Find and double click on Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click on the printer name that's relevant and select the Properties entry. This opens a dialog box that indicates that The printer driver is not installed on this computer. Some printer properties will not be accessible unless you install the printer driver. Do you want to install the driver now? It is IMPORTANT at this point you ANSWER NO.
- The printer properties panel for the
printer on the server is displayed. Click the Advanced tab. Note that the box labeled Driver is empty. Click the New Driver button that is next to the Driver box. This launches the Add Printer Wizard.
- The Add Printer Driver Wizard on Pier
panel is now presented. Click Next to continue. Select the printer manufacturer from the left panel. In the right panel, select the printer. Click Next, and then Finish to commence driver upload. A progress bar appears and instructs you as each file is being uploaded and that it is being directed at the network server
\\myserver\print$\W32X86. If the driver upload fails, verify that the W32X86 folder exists. If it does not exist, create it and then try adding the printer drivers again.